Immigrant Visas & Non-Immigrant Visas

(617) 716 6464

A visa is an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay in the United States. There are different types of visas issued to people with other circumstances. When applying and gaining your visas, Castel & Hall can help. We can help with your applications, court cases, and everything else that comes with the process. It's also important to be aware of the applications and different visas. Here at Castel & Hall handle Immigrant and non-immigrant visas.

An immigrant visa is issued to a foreign national who intends to live and work permanently in the United States. A relative or employer usually sponsors the individual by filing an application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. When applying for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, immediate relatives, or prospective U.S. employer and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa.

There are also non-immigrant visas. Non-immigrant visas are issued to foreign nationals seeking to enter the United States temporarily for tourism, business, medical treatment, and certain types of temporary work. The type of non-immigrant visa needed is defined by immigration law and related to the purpose of travel. Unlike immigrant visas, such as green cards, which are for people who plan to live in the United States permanently, non-immigrant visas are for those who want to make short visits. Non-immigrant visas are available for tourism, college, or business purposes. They usually have a set end date. Knowing about all your options makes it possible for you to be aware of all possibilities, which is essential to making the correct choices.

Castel & Hall, LLP Is Here for You

At Castel & Hall, LLP, we focus on Personal Injury, Medical Negligence/Malpractice, Immigration, Criminal, Divorce, and Civil Rights